Balinese Chicken Satay
Celebrity chef, author & restaurateur, Adrian Richardson, cooks his Balinese Chicken Satay BBQ Recipe on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 400gm chicken mince
- 1/3 cup cup fresh grated coconut
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 red chillies
- 2 birds eye chillies
- 30gm fresh turmeric, grated
- ½ teaspoon shrimp paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shaved coconut sugar, substitute with palm or brown sugar
- 2 spring onions
- salt and pepper
You’ll also need…
- skewers (made out of sticks of lemongrass or spring onion or regular wooden skewers)
- oil (to lightly brush skewers before placed on BBQ)
- lime to serve
In a mixing bowl, combine the first set of ingredients and mix well until a smooth paste is formed.
Take a handful of the mixture and wrap it around a stick of lemongrass/spring onion/a wooden skewer (which has been soaked in water to prevent burning). Repeat process until all your mixture is used.
Cook lightly oiled satay skewers over a medium heat BBQ until satay becomes fragrant or is almost golden brown.
Serve with a squeeze of lime.