Tips for the Perfect Christmas Roast
It’s your turn to host the family this Christmas and you’re still knee-deep in last minute preparations! Don’t worry, we’ll keep this short and give you…
…a few basic reminders to help you make the perfect roast
- Use a natural, undyed, cotton string to tie your roasts to keep the shape and/or hold the stuffing inside it.
- Check the recipe as oven/BBQ temperatures will vary according to the type/cut of meat used.
- Use the drippings from the roast as the base for a delicious gravy.
- Poke a skewer through the thickest part of the meat to test if it is cooked (clear pink juices = medium, clear juices = well done*).
- Let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes to settle the juices after you’ve removed the roast from your oven or BBQ.
- Carve the meat with a sharp knife across the grain.
- If cooking a turkey on the BBQ this year, don’t forget to use our handy Turkey Calculator.
- And finally, a safety reminder – BBQs should only be used outside in a well ventilated area (Yes, even if it’s raining!).
Merry Christmas from the Heat Beads® Team!