BBQ Kebabs The Whole Family Can Enjoy
Inspired by Steven Raichlen’s most recent blog post on BBQ kebabs – Stick Meat Chez Steven – we thought we’d share a tasty kebab recipe we found from Jamie Oliver.
Jamie Oliver’s Best Marinated Chicken Kebabs
Makes 6-8 kebabs
• 500g/1lb 2oz free-range boneless chicken breasts
• 4 courgettes, sliced very thinly lengthways
• 6–8 skewers or sticks of fresh rosemary, lower leaves removed, tips kept on
For the marinade
• 1 handful of fresh coriander
• 1 handful of fresh mint
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 6 spring onions
• 1 red chilli
• zest and juice of 1 lemon
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• olive oil
Cut the chicken into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes and place in a bowl.
Blanch the courgette strips in salted boiling water for 30 seconds then drain and allow to cool.
Blitz all the marinade ingredients (except the olive oil) in a food processor, then loosen to a paste with a little olive oil. Add the marinade to the chicken pieces and mix well. Allow to sit for up to an hour.
Then weave the courgette strips in between the chicken pieces on the rosemary sticks or skewers. Grill for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked. Feel free to cut a piece open to check if they’re done.
*Recipe and image courtesy www.jamieoliver.com