Tomahawk Steaks with Chimichurri BBQ Recipe
BBQ expert Colin Magee’s delicious Tomahawk Steaks with Chimichurri & Chorizo BBQ Recipe as seen on TEN’s real BBQ series, Keepers of the Flame – the Ultimate BBQ Adventure.
- 4 x 1-1.5kgs tomahawk steaks
- 4 x chorizo sausages
- 1 bottle of Tomero Malbec (a unique red wine you can find at Dan Murphy’s)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, washed & chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon. white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch mixed herbs, chopped
Season steaks with salt and pepper and rub with oil.
Cook using the Direct method over Heat Beads® Lump Charcoal for 10-15 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking (5cm thick allow 8-10 minutes each side for medium rare). Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Grill chorizo until charred all over.
Mix parsley, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, paprika, salt & pepper and oil.
To serve, place remaining herbs on a large chopping board. Lay steaks and chorizo on top.
Pour over a glass of the Malbec and then cover steaks with parsley sauce.
Enjoy with remaining wine!