Texan Beef Fillet with Mexican Relish
Celebrity chef, author & restaurateur, Adrian Richardson, cooks his Texan Beef Fillet with Mexican Relish BBQ recipe over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 1 rump steak
- 1 tablespoon toasted coriander seed, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 corn cobs
- 200gm mixed lettuce leaves
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 6 limes
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 4 tortilla toasted and roughly broken up
- 1 red onion
- 2 ripe avocados
- olive oil
Rub the beef in the BBQ dry rub and let it sit overnight.
Prepare your BBQ for the Direct method with high heat and grill the beef to medium rare, allow it to rest, then slice.
Toss all salad ingredients together (except for corn cobs) and toss through the beef and the juices.
Serve with grilled corn on the BBQ and a cold beer.