Scallops with Mango Salsa BBQ Recipe
Celebrity chef, author & nutritionist, Janella Purcell, cooks healthy & tasty Scallops with Mango Salsa over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 1 mango, flesh diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lime leaf, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 long red chilli, diced (optional)
- 8 scallops, cleaned & preferably in the shell
- 8 beetle leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon macadamia oil
Make the salsa by gently tossing together the mango, lime juice and leaf, coriander leaves and fish sauce. Put in the fridge.
Quickly char-grill your scallops with a little oil, then allow to cool slightly. About one minute on each side.
Lay your beetle leaves on the scallop shells then top with a scallop on each leaf.
Spoon over a little salsa then drizzle with macadamia oil. Eat immediately.