Lemon Chicken Burger BBQ Recipe
Chef, nutritionist & author, Zoe Bingley-Pullin, cooks a healthy & tasty, but super easy chicken burger on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 250g chicken breasts, no skin, butterflied
- 4 tablespoons lemon thyme, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 large lemon, juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh pepper, ground
Lemon yoghurt mayo
- 200g full fat natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
To assemble the burger
- 4 multigrain or wholemeal buns, cut in half down the middle, drizzled with olive oil and toasted on the BBQ for 20 seconds each side
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup of lettuce
Prepare the BBQ for medium heat.
Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl. Then add all remaining chicken filling ingredients to the bowl, mix well and leave to marinate.
To prepare the mayo, simply mix all the lemon yoghurt mayo ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to be used in the burger.
When the BBQ is ready, grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the BBQ.
Assemble the burger on the toasted bun with a spoonful of lemon mayo, lettuce, avocado and chicken breast. Enjoy!