Lamb Marinated in Garlic Butter
Terry McEvoy of Spithouse is a great friend and supporter of the Heat Beads® brand. Today he shares his Lamb Marinated in Garlic Butter recipe with us.
- 2 ½ kg leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons of butter (don’t be stingy, butter is better… Buy it.)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- a couple of good size belts of mayonnaise
- half a handful of grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag of the wonderful Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes (The others are crap!!)
Mix everything together in a bowl (Everything except the Heat Beads® Briquettes and the leg of lamb, dopey!!)
Sit your leg on a big bit of glad wrap… You know what I mean.
Massage the garlic butter all over…
Then put some on the lamb. Lick fingers clean or have a friend do it.
Wrap the lamb in glad wrap and whack it in the fridge over night (The longer the better… so I’ve heard!)
Light the Heat Beads® Briquettes as per the instructions about 3 hours before you want to eat.
Now the flame has gone out, stick your lamb on the spit and get it pumping.
This should take about 2 ½ hours. Serve with roast veggies marinated in balsamic concentrate.