Lamb Kebabs in Pomegranate Marinade BBQ Recipe
- 1 kilo lamb, diced small
- 2 medium spanish onions, quartered and separated
- Skewers (if bamboo, soak before using)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in saucepan. Over medium heat bring to a simmer, whisking. Do NOT boil or the molasses will burn and taste hideous. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
Mix meat and marinade, cover and refrigerate for approx 3 hours, or overnight. Thread lamb onto skewers, alternating with quartered onion slices.
Cook over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes to your liking.
Serve with a good fetta cheese, a Moroccan carrot salad, and some cucumbers and olives on the side.