Jess Pryles’ Vegemite Steak Tacos
TV personality, co-founder of the Australasian Barbecue Alliance and all-around grilling guru, Jess Pryles, is one of Australia’s biggest names in BBQ. This time, Jess has brought a classic Australian twist to traditional southern BBQ, with these cracking Vegemite Steak Tacos.
You can visit Jess’ site for more amazing recipes and brilliant BBQ tips.
- 1 x 500g flank steak
- 1 x 340g can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 x tsp Vegemite 1 x tsp garlic powder
- 1 x tsp onion powder
- 2 x tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 x limes ¼ cup chopped coriander
- ¼ cup chopped onion (or Mexican pickled onion)
- Salt and pepper to taste Corn or flour tortillas
- Solid fuel BBQ, such as a Weber kettle BBQ
- Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes
- Food processor or stick blender
Season the flank steak with salt & pepper.
In a food processor, or using a stick blender, combine chipotle peppers, Vegemite, Worcestershire, garlic & onion powder and the juice of one lime.Spread this mix over both sizes of the flank steak, then cover and refrigerate for an hour.
Spread this mix over both sizes of the flank steak, then cover and refrigerate for an hour.
Heat up a charcoal grill until very hot. Grill the flank steak 5-7 minutes each side, until meat reaches an internal temperature of 130f/54c, then remove and allow to rest in foil for at least 10 minutes.
Grill the flank steak 5-7 minutes each side, until meat reaches an internal temperature of 130f/54c, then remove and allow to rest in foil for at least 10 minutes.
Cut the flank steak against the grain into 1cm slices.
Layer a few slices in a tortilla, top with fresh coriander and some chopped onion, and serve with a few wedges of fresh lime.