German Style Potato Salad BBQ Recipe
This delicious German Style Potato Salad is the perfect accompaniment to any BBQ – enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices slab bacon, cut into small dice
- 3 fresh shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 cup prepared chicken bouillon or broth
- 8 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
In a medium sauté pan, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and cook bacon over medium heat until soft. Add shallots and cook until transparent.
Remove pan from heat and stir in vinegar. Add parsley, mustard powder, chicken bouillon, sea salt and freshly ground whole black peppercorns to taste.
Boil potatoes until done (but firm) and drain. Add vinegar mixture to warm potatoes in a large bowl. Toss well and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Add 1/3 cup vegetable oil and mix well again. Adjust seasoning and serve at room temperature.