Double Lamb Chops with Kidney
Celebrity chef, author & restaurater, Adrian Richardson, cooks Double Lamb Chops with Kidney over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 6 double lamb chops, with the flaps still on
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lamb kidneys, suet and vein removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Potato & Onion
- 500g cooked potato, boiled, skin on, sliced into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, skin removed crushed
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil
- ½ bunch parsley
- salt and pepper
Peel garlic, grate garlic, add olive oil, dried oregano, thyme into a large bowl to make marinade. Add lamb chops to bowl and marinate. Slice kidneys in half (long way). Wrap lamb chop around the kidney and place on large metal skewers. Sear meat on BBQ.
In a separate bowl marinate garlic, red onion, potatoes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Place chops on a grill using the direct method.
Once vegetables are cooked, marinate again in balsamic vinegar and oil.
Slide meat off the skewers and serve with vegetables on a plate.