Blueberry, Almond and Coconut Pancakes BBQ recipe
Celebrity chef, author & nutritionist, Janella Purcell, cooks a delicious & gluten free BBQ breakfast of Blueberry, Almond and Coconut Pancakes BBQ recipe over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
- ½ cup besan flour (chick pea)
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb (low allergy)
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 350ml apple juice, almond milk or water
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil, and extra to cook with
- 1 punnet blueberries
- fresh coconut to garnish (or desiccated)
Sift the dry ingredients together, then in a separate bowl mix together the apple, syrup, juice and oil.
Combine the two (dry and wet ingredients) to a medium batter consistency.
Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Use about ½ cup for each pancake and cook on the barbie in a little coconut oil for about 2 minutes on each side.
Once flipped drop a few blueberries on top.
Serve with coconut.