Betel Leaf Pork & Beef Rolls BBQ Recipe
NamDo Quach’s delicious Betel Leaf Pork & Beef Rolls as seen on TEN’s real BBQ series, Keepers of the Flame – the Ultimate BBQ Adventure.
- 400gms pork mince
- 400gms beef mince
- 20 betel leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup toasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil mixed with 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
In a large mixing bowl, combine pork & beef mince, fish sauce, lemongrass, sugar, minced garlic, shallots, salt and pepper.
To assemble the rolls, place a betel leaf glossy side down on a clean board. Add a tablespoon of the mince mixture into the middle of each leaf. Shape the mince into a sausage shape. Roll the leaves and secure ends with a toothpick.
Place rolls on a low to medium grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
Serve on a large platter, garnished with shallot oil and toasted peanuts.