How to light Heat Beads® Easy-Lite® Briquettes
Wondering how to light Heat Beads® Easy-Lite® Briquettes?
- Watch the video (above right) and read the instructions below.
- Remove the cooking grill from your BBQ and ensure the vents are open and the lid is off.
- Fill baskets/rails until the briquettes are level with the top edge (the full bag). Easy-Lite® relies on heat being transferred between briquettes as they are being lit, so a minimum of 1.5kg of briquettes is recommended. Make sure to light the briquettes straight after opening the bag for best results.
- Light the briquettes with a match in several places, and make sure they catch alight. Leave for approx. 30 minutes. Do not disturb. Do not replace the lid yet.
- Briquettes are ready once they are covered in a light coloured ash.
- Indirect cooking – slide baskets to each side of the BBQ. Place a drip tray between the baskets/rails, replace the cooking grill and leave lid on while cooking.
- Direct cooking – if using baskets, after ash-over, position baskets side by side in the centre of the fire grill.
- TO EXTINGUISH: Close all vents and leave the lid on.