BBQ Tour: Welcome to Tour de Q – The Four States of BBQ
We didn’t think we would ever say this, but we believe we may have finally come across the BBQ event of a lifetime.
Welcome to Tour de Q – The Four States of BBQ
Tour de Q will be an intensive, 18 day journey through the world of barbecue, covering the four states in the US known the world over for their passion and dedication to this fine art.
We’ll let the itinerary do the talking…
- The May 2011 tour begins in Memphis, Tennessee (YES, just in time for the world famous Memphis in May International Festival and the World Championship BBQ Competition).
- Eat at some of the best BBQ in the world at the many BBQ restaurants throughout Memphis.
- In Kansas City, learn the secrets of BBQ from Master BBQ chefs Paul Kirk and Guy Davis in a two day class.
- Learn to be a Certified Barbecue Judge for the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) where you can judge at BBQ events all over the world (and now Australia, too).
- Judge at a KCBS event and taste authentic competition BBQ food.
- Visit Nashville, Tennessee, and eat a southern style luncheon at Miss Bobo’s boarding house and a take a tour of Jack Daniels distillery.
- Explore Alabama and more Southern Style BBQ, with a stop off in at the NASA Space camp.
- Visit Austin, Texas, to taste and learn authentic Texan BBQ style.
If you are a follower of barbecue, then you will be familiar with the name Carolyn Wells, one of the founders of the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS), and your Tour de Q host. Joining Carolyn at the helm of Tour de Q will be other well known KCBS BBQ pit masters. If you’re looking for a truly unique food adventure, you won’t want to miss this!
The cost of the tour is approximately $5,500* plus flights.
Places will book out early. To find out more, please contact:
Julianne at The World Travel Club
22-24 Regent Street Kogarah
Phone: 02 9587 8800
Fax: 02 9587 8010
*Subject to change based on final numbers/itinerary.
Please note: Heat Beads® is not associated or involved in the organisation of this tour in any way.