How to light an open grill BBQ with Heat Beads® Briquettes
Wondering how you light your open grill BBQ with Heat Beads® Briquettes?
Share this tip
Wondering how to light your grill?
- Watch the video (above right) and read the instructions below.
- Place three 3 Heat Beads® Firelighter cubes on the cooking grate below the centre of the cooking area.
Note: For best cooking performance the Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes should be positioned approximately 150mm below the cooking plate/grill on a fire grate. Briquettes perform better if lit on a fire grate which allows air to circulate beneath the fuel.
- Pour sufficient Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes to cover cooking area with one layer, but arrange into a pyramid over the Heat Beads® Firelighters. Place a fourth Heat Beads® Firelighter into the top of the pyramid and light the firelighters with a match or gas match. Leave for approximately 40 minutes, or until ashed over.
- When most of the Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes are covered in beige ash carefully spread fuel evenly under the cooking area and start cooking.
- TO EXTINGUISH: Where possible pour water over fuel. If water is not available, cover hot briquettes with sand or dirt. Ensure fuel has cooled down before leaving the BBQ unit unattended.
- Ready to BBQ? Browse our great selection of traditional and contemporary BBQ Recipes.