Mexican Beef Soft Tortilla Tacos BBQ Recipe
Celebrity chef, author & restaurateur, Adrian Richardson, cooks Mexican Beef Soft Tortilla Tacos over Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes on highly rated TV show Good Chef Bad Chef.
Share this recipe
- 1 kg diced beef, rump steak
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded & finely chopped, or passata
- 100g finely chopped onions
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- scant tsp sugar, scant tsp salt
- 500ml refried beans, 1 tin kidney bean, drained and fried in oil till crispy
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 6 limes
- extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ bunch chopped parsley
- shredded lettuce
- 80g butter
- 12 tortillas
- 100g coarsely chopped onions
- 50g freshly grated tasty cheese
- 4 jalapeño chilies, finely diced
In a pan, heat cayenne pepper, cumin, olive oil, diced beef on a high heat.
Add salt to taste. Slowly add garlic, onion, refried beans and add butter to taste.
In a bowl, mix red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil and herbs.
Wrap cheese, meat and salsa together in a tortilla.